Before getting into all the necessary details which parents must learn, you must first understand what TikTok is all about.
TikTok is an exciting app that allows the users to shoot their short videos along with music or dialogues. The users who post videos have all the control over their videos while other TikTok users can only like or comment on your video. You can add creative filters, text, or special effects in your video to make it look attractive. Make TikTok marketing for your business growth and buy tiktok likes to gain more followers to increase your sales.
How Does The TikTok Application Work?
- It is an app for people over the age of 13. So parents must ensure that their children are of appropriate age to use the app.
- Once the app is downloaded, you can create your content or watch content created by other TikTok users.
- The content on the TikTok app revolves around all the major subjects like – comedy, art, food, travel, games, dance, sports, and whatnot!
- Other users can quickly like or comment on your content and can follow you to enjoy watching more content created by you.
- TikTok users can easily participate in the hashtag challenges to attract more viewers towards their profile.
- TikTok app is a straightforward app in which users can easily create, edit, and add various effects, filters, and stickers on their videos.
- You can easily link your TikTok profile with other social media platforms to build followers on your social media platforms.
Are There Any Privacy Settings On The App?
The app came with a lack of privacy settings in the past; presently, the users have great privacy options.
- Users get the option to make their accounts private.
- Users can also choose who can and who can not comment or download their videos.
- TikTok users can also choose the people who can make a duet with them.
- The messaging option is only available for friends and not for the fans.
- You can also block other users.
Is There Any Screen Time On The App?
Yes, the screen time option is available on TikTok. Parents can manage the time in which their children must spend on TikTok by using the feature offered by TikTok. It is a password-protected feature that parents must only control by restricting their children from overusing TikTok.
Another feature is available on TikTok, which allows you to restrict what your child must not watch with the – ‘restricted viewing mode.’ It will only showcase content that is appropriate for your child. And to add the cherry on top, it has a password-protected feature.
Best Ways To Help Your Child To Stay Safe On TikTok –
The first and foremost thing to protect your child from any social media platform is to gather as much information about the app as you can, especially about its digital wellbeing and safety features. Another best way to protect your child is learning what your child use that app for, and the next best thing is to talk to them about what they enjoy on the app.
However, there are a few specifications that you must consider before discussing TikTok or any other social media app with your child.
- Firstly, your child must be eligible to download or use the app.
- If your child has a public account on the app, make sure they understand what it means to have an open account on the social media apps. It would help if you took precautions in such situations. If you don’t think that your child is safe with a public account, you must immediately switch their account to private.
- Make sure to teach your children to keep their identities secure, especially by avoiding to upload their personal information Ensure that they don’t post any video in their uniform or personalized clothing to prevent their online identity leakage.
- Teach your child to report inappropriate content and also feel free to talk to a trusted person if they are facing any trouble on the app. Please make sure that they report or block the user who post inappropriate or abusive comments on your video.
Hopefully, now you are aware of how you must take care of your child, who is using social media platforms like TikTok.